Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Vacation has arrived-Printemps du Bourgailh


Spring Vacation is arriving!!

I can't believe it's Friday already...and the kids go on break for the next couple of weeks.  It is nice here in France as school vacations are 2 weeks in length - something I am coming to really enjoy and look forward to.  We are going to have a busy vacation, full of visitors, seeing grandparents in the Dordogne region and just taking advantage of this area during break.  No big vacations this time, but still should be lots of fun!  I feel like next week is already fill up with fun adventures!

First on the agenda, on Saturday is a Spring Flower festival - Printemps du Bourgailh.  Our town of Pessac has been advertising this festival for over a  month now.  It looks like a combination of enjoying flowers in bloom at this park, Site du Bourgailh and also a marche des fleurs (Flower sale).  I'm hoping to pick up some great plants for my back patio.  Should be fun to walk around for the afternoon and enjoy the flowers and family time - probably will be a lot different than when I visited this park during February break - looking forward to seeing the differences.  The town is also officially welcoming new residents to the area, so we have been invited to a ceremony and cocktail reception at the end of the festival.

We are also very excited to host my younger brother and his wife for a few days over the next couple of weeks.  They are starting and ending their European vacation with us.  They arrive on Monday.  Yeah!!   It will be so fun to see them and hang out - it's been too long!! Hoping to squeeze in some time in Bordeaux centre, touring the Medoc wine region and of course a day out at the Dune de Pyla & Arcachon.  It's so nice to know the area a bit better now to be able to choose what to do.  Although, I still feel like there is so much to see and do.

Also looking forward to heading out to the Dordogne region for a couple of days.  This area is so fun, rich is castles, parks, rivers, villages built into the sides of cliffs and of course, prehistoric man.  I'll blog later about some of the fun places there as we have spent many summers there visiting my husband's family.  I think this time, it's going to be more about just hanging out with extended family - but I always enjoy my mother-in-laws cooking and the region food of their area.  Shes' an excellent cook!


It's also nice to know there is plenty to do here for the kids over break.  My oldest just brought home the program for Ticket Sports - a  sports exploration program run by our town for school age children each afternoon for 3 hours.  My kids did this over winter break and had a blast.  They participated in gymnastics, volleyball, dodge ball, rollerskating, kendo, and pony rides.  So much fun and it was free!  What a treat for a parent - 3 hours off and no cost!!


I love Spring, all the flowers, sunshine and new life!  It looks like it's going to be a fun filled Spring break!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and visiting my blog. Feel free to leave a comment - I love hearing from people!

Popular Posts