Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lazy Days of Summer - French style...

Relaxing and dining Al Fresco...those summer days 


So it's nice to be back home after spending a few days and Paris and hosting family.  As much fun as it is to have company and share the wonders of the Bordeaux area with them - it's nice to have some quiet time as a family.  Summer has finally arrived here in Bordeaux and it's been beautiful!  I love all the fresh fruit and vegetables at the market and warm evenings to be able to dine outside on the terrace.  Here in France it doesn't get dark until after 10 pm!  The girls have been having a blast just relaxing and playing with each other and with friends.  My oldest and youngest had a blast this afternoon playing fashion show.  The following are 2 photos of my youngest dressed up in a little number designed by her sister.  (One would never know her outfit is actually a skirt from her big sister's closet made into a cute dress!)

Part of summer for me is being able to eat outside - something here in France I absolutely adore!!  In Saratoga, our time outside was limited by both the humidity and the mosquitoes - here's it's absolutely divine and we are maximizing our time outside - enjoying most meals out on our terrace.  It's so nice to enjoy all the fresh vegetables and fruits of the season while dining in the open air.  It's been so fun to introduce my girls to such wonderful fresh foods - The other night we had fresh artichokes - I actually had bought 6 and it was my youngest who wanted to extra one - so she got it tonight...as you can see - she was all smiles and loved eating her new found delicacy!  I love it when they eat so well!







Of course she finished it (and shared a bit with her sister too!).  While she enjoyed her artichoke, we dined on garden fresh cucumbers mixed with creme fraiche.  My husband helped make one of my favorite summer dishes - Tomates farcies - or as we did tomates, aubergine, poivrons et corquettes farcies!  (English translation stuffed tomatoes, eggplants, peppers and zucchini)  So yummy!  I always make enough for leftovers - so guess what we are having for lunch tomorrow?

I'm still sorting through all my photos from when my brother and his family were visiting - have so many neat photos of places we visited with them and of course lots of Paris!  I think I could do a photo essay on the Eiffel Tower alone!  Anyway,  happy summer to all and I hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

P.S. If anyone is interested in the recipe for this lovely dish, just let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and visiting my blog. Feel free to leave a comment - I love hearing from people!

Popular Posts